Portland Clinic of Holistic Health
Entry level physician position
Clinic Mission: Our mission is to help as many people as possible to regain their health, by addressing the true causes of disease, not just the symptoms, to help them maintain their health, and to educate them, so that they can educate others on the benefits of naturopathic health care.
Clinic Background: Our clinic has proudly provided naturopathic holistic health care to the Portland area for over 20 years. Our attending doctors have a combined experience of over 60 years of clinical experience as physicians. We have also hosted fellowships for integrative MDs from around the country.
Start date: currently hiring
Malpractice insurance: provided
- Medical and dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Aflac insurance
- Clinic services
- 401k matching, profit sharing, financial counseling services
- Subsidized transportation and parking benefit
- (Outlined in employee handbook probationary periods applied)
- Graduate of a CNME accredited program with an ND degree
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Oregon
- Candidates can be recent graduates or someone that would like the opportunity to join our team
Applicant’s qualities :
- We are looking individual who aligns with our core value of being kind, caring and compassionate to join a team of doctors and staff that are passionate about helping patients get better.
- Located in a well-known and respected medical/dental building in downtown Portland, Oregon. The clinic is very busy and sees a large number of patients each day.
- What we are looking for in you:
- Eager and energetic
- Willingness to learn
- Take direction
- Work hard with a positive attitude
- Career oriented
To apply: submit resume or curriculum vitae to Manager@holistichealthpc.com.
Please include in your application the answers to the following questions:
- Why you believe you are a the best candidate for the position
- What are your short-term goals?
- What are your long-term goals?
- Why are you passionate about patient care?
- Give an example of a time that you received constructive criticism and how did you handle it?
The clinic combines primary care along with a wide span of clinical cases. This includes a significant oncology segment of practice as well as complicated recalcitrant conditions.
The clinic blends modern and classical integrative naturopathic diagnosis. This includes routine physical examination, lab testing, image ordering, referral, etc. It also includes naturopathic diagnostic techniques including iris diagnosis, nutritional physical exam, heart tone diagnosis, Chapman reflexes, Chinese tongue and fingernail diagnosis, dried blood evaluation, and orthopedic and spinal assessments. Training and ongoing support is provided.
The clinic provides modern integrative naturopathic treatment that includes botanical, homeopathic, drainage, pharmaceutical, manual therapy, dietetic, counseling, acupuncture, trigger point needling, neural, regenerative and prolo-injection therapy, intravenous nutrient therapy, nutritional interventions and has a lab on-site. Specialty modalities include extensive naturopathic physiotherapy applications (Bio-Thermal Therapy®) and visceral manipulation therapies. Training and ongoing support is provided.
The clinic has a group model of practice with a lead physician on a particular case. This is a busy clinical setting with a wide range of conditions treated. It is typical to have patients in clinic who have travelled from various parts of the region and country for care. As one of our residents remarked ‘It is like a hospital here!’ With a support staff of 12 clinic assistants we see approximately 50 patients in clinic daily. We are looking for a doctor who is comfortable with a busy clinical atmosphere, willing and able to be a part of a team, and is interested in long-term professional growth and clinical competence.
Portland is a dynamic city, full of character, charm, and culture. There are charming neighborhoods of various types throughout the city. There is a strong support of public transport and bike commuting. Home to the MLS Portland Timbers soccer team and the NBA Portland Trail Blazers. A foodie Mecca! Portland is ideally situated between the Mt. Hood skiing and alpine wonderland and the beautiful Oregon Coast - either mountain or coast in about 90 minutes. Short drives to hiking, waterfalls, beaches, forests and the Columbia River Gorge. A thriving wine region is minutes away.
Portland Clinic of Holistic Health is an equal employment opportunity employer.